Saturday, October 13, 2012

Crafting a Blog


Photo credit: Hownowdesign

There are many elements to the running of Crafty Fox Market and this blog is one which has a lot of potential but doesn't see as much action as it deserves. I'm not a confident blogger and as a result often spend a long time putting posts together. Not being a technical person, I tend to find that I spend far too long fiddling around with photos and placing text on the page. 

With the aim of shaking things up a bit, I recently signed up to the 'Blogging Your Way' course  run by Holly Becker of Decor8 fame. It's a self-paced online course with students taking part from all over the world. So far, topics covered have included 'The Importance of Being Authentic' and 'Blogging Trends'.  Holly uses a variety of formats including articles, podcasts and videocasts. This keeps it interesting and makes it enjoyable to learn.  I'm finding it really thought-provoking and hopefully you will notice an improvement in both quality and quantity of blog posts as a result.  The course lasts for 4 weeks so I will report back again at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment